CAPEGATE CRAFT BEER & WINE FESTIVAL FAQs
31 AUGUST & 1 SEPTEMBER 2018
1. WHAT ARE THE CAPEGATE CRAFT BEER & WINE FESTIVAL DATES & TIMES?
Friday, 31 August from 17h00 – 21h00 and Saturday, 1 September from 13h00 – 18h00
2. WHERE WILL THE FESTIVAL BE LOCATED?
Entrance 6 undercover parking (underneath the Capegate food court)
Capegate Shopping Centre
Cnr. De Bron and Okavango Rd
3. WHERE CAN I BUY TICKETS?
Tickets are available from www. Webtickets.co.za at R75 each or from the event entrance at R90 each.
Please note, tickets will not be discounted, refunded or exchanged between event days.
4. WHAT DOES THE TICKET PRICE INCLUDE?
The ticket cost includes entry into the venue, 20 tasting coupons from all participating wineries and breweries as well as a branded wine glass. If your tasting coupons deplete, you are more than welcome to purchase a bottle of wine or beer from exhibitors directly. Alternatively, you can purchase a second tasting coupon booklet at R50 or a second glass at R50.
5. IS THERE AN AGE RESTRICTION FOR THE CAPEGATE CRAFT BEER & WINE FESTIVAL?
Yes, there is. No under 18’s are allowed into the venue due to Liquor License Requirements.
Parents will not be allowed to bring their children under 18 into the venue.
Alcohol will not be served to under 18’s.
6. WHAT CAN I EXPECT AT THE FESTIVAL?
Entrants to the festival can expect food trucks, over 20 wineries and craft beer exhibitors, non-winery exhibitors (The Pebbles Project, Montagu Dried Fruit & Nuts) and live entertainment.
7. WHERE SHOULD I PARK WHEN ATTENDING THE FESTIVAL?
The closest outdoor parking is via entrance 4 and the closest undercover parking is at entrance 6.
8. DOES THE CENTRE HAVE WHEELCHAIRS?
Yes, Capegate Shopping Centre is wheelchair friendly and offers disabled facilities.
9. WILL THERE BE ANY THIRD PARTY DRIVING SERVICES?
The venue host and organisers support responsible drinking and driving and recommend that visitors make use of taxi services, Uber or allocate a designated driver.
Download Uber with the promo code CGWineAndBeerFest & get R50 off your first trip!
10. WILL I BE ABLE TO BRING MY OWN FOOD & DRINKS?
No BYO food and drinks are allowed. Various food options are available inside the venue.
11. WILL THERE BE ABLUTION FACILITIES AT THE FESTIVAL?
Yes, there will be! A number of portable ablution blocks will be at the venue. Alternatively, the closest in-centre toilet is opposite House & Home.
12. WILL THERE BE CARD FACILITIES?
Yes, there will be card facilities at the Festival entrance. Some exhibitors and food trucks will also have card facilities and/or Snapscan / Zapper. But, we encourage you to bring cash along just in case.
13. WHERE WILL I PUT MY SHOPPING BAGS WHEN ENTERING THE FESTIVAL?
The Festival will have a locker facility where you can store your shopping bags, bought wine and coats.
14. IF THE FESTIVAL IS OUTDOORS, WILL I NOT GET COLD?
Not at all! We will have outdoor mushroom heaters and blankets at the Festival is order to keep you nice and cosy.
15. IF I HAVE ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS, WHO SHOULD I CONTACT?
You can contact CVO Marketing on:
021 981 0216
Capegate Shopping Centre on:
021 981 2288 / 2331
*PLEASE NOTE: no drunken, unruly or disruptive behaviour will be tolerate at the Capegate Craft Beer & Wine Festival.