Braai Day Recipe: Sweet Braai Pie
For the dessert lovers, try out Lothar Hinze's Sweet Braai Pie. Make sure to vote for your favourite recipe.
This recipe was inspired by Lothar Hinze from Sonstraal's eldest daughter. It's a real treat for anyone with a sweet tooth! With melted marshmallows, crushed Oreos and caramel all combined into one, who wouldn't want something so decadent and so easy to make?
1 tin Caramel Treat (the mint flavour also works well)1 packet of crushed Oreos1/2 bag of marshmallows cut into smaller pieces1 roll of puff pastryOptional - Slab of milk/dark chocolate melted for drizzling
- Use a rolling pin to flatten the puff pastry to a thin layer on a braai mat, transfer to an oven-safe dish.
- Evenly spread the tin of caramel over the puff pastry dough.
- Spread the crushed Oreos over only half of the pastry dough.
- Add the chopped marshmallows over the Oreos.
- Fold the empty half of the pastry dough over the other half of the dough, that contains all the toppings.
- Make sure to close all the edges completely.
- Put the dish on a braai mat and onto the coals. Turn after a few minutes so that the sides of the puff pastry do not stick to the braai mat.
- Remove the braai mat and braai the pie over the coals until golden brown.
- Top it with melted chocolate and enjoy!