Dish of the week: Roast Chicken
We've teamed up with foodie, chef and food stylist, Bas Newman, to bring you an easy-to-make dish of the week during lockdown, check out his Roast Chicken recipe now.
We've teamed up with foodie, chef and food stylist, Bas Newman (@bas_new on Instagram), to bring you an easy-to-make dish of the week during lockdown. These dishes will include ingredients that you are likely to have in your fridge or pantry - put them together they create something different and delicious!
This week’s roast chicken dish is quick, easy and simple! We challenge you to recreate this dish and show us, by using #DishOfTheWeek. Or, show us your very own go-to quick, easy, comfort dish that you make with the ingredients available in your cupboards - let's get foodie inspired.
6 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp sugar
2 tsp dried mixed herbs
1 tsp smoked paprika
salt and pepper
5 skinless chicken pieces
1 chopped onion
6 chopped cloves garlic
375ml chicken stock
250ml water1 ½ cups long grain rice
parsley to garnish
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Combine 1 tbsp sugar, salt and pepper, 2 tsp dried mixed herbs and 1 tsp smoked paprika with 2 tbsp olive oil.
3. Coat the 5 skinless chicken pieces and set aside. Try marinate overnight.
4. Add 1 chopped onion, 4 chopped garlic and 4 tbsp oil in an oven dish.
5. Add the 375ml chicken stock, 250ml water and 1 ½ cups long grain rice.
6. Add the marinated chicken pieces and cover the dish with foil.
7. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes at 180°C.
8. Meanwhile, fry 2 chopped garlic and 300g mushrooms in 30ml butter. Set aside once cooked.
9. Remove foil from the oven dish and bake for another 30 minutes.
10. Finish under the grill for 5-8 minutes.
11. Remove chicken pieces. Mix the rice with the fried garlic mushrooms. Place chicken pieces back on top.
12. Garnish with parsley and serve.