It takes a lot to get a spot on the Kauai menu – correct? That’s why every new wrap, bowl, pot and smoothie you’ll find at Kauai Capegate this Summer was picked, planned and perfected from the ground up to be nutritious, delicious, and as healthy for the planet as it is for you.
Kauai focuses on seasonal produce (that’s why the menu changes ever so often), making the ingredients on their menu that much better.
Not only better, but wholesome and nutritious! Without further ado, we introduce the four new stars of the Kauai menu…
1. THE CAJUN CREATION: CAJUN CHICKEN WRAP & BOWL
Cajun free-range chicken, roasted sweet potato, red cabbage, Rosa tomatoes, carrot, red pepper, baby spinach, rocket, spring onion, creamy herb dressing.
A fiesta of flavours all the way from the melting pot of New Orleans! Bowled or wrapped, the new Cajun spiced free-range chicken adds a tasty touch of heat with a mix of crisp veggies, roasted sweet potato and a splash of creamy herb dressing.
Did we mention the sweet potato? Because these 5 things make it amazing:
- It’s high in antioxidants that promote the growth of good gut bacteria
- It’s an excellent source of beta-carotene, which can be converted to vitamin A and helps support your immune system
- It’s a natural anti-inflammatory
- It’s the highest vegetable source of potassium
- It’s delicious roasted to perfection and served in a wrap or bowl somewhere sunny
2. CHILL OUT WITH CHIA: TROPICAL CHIA SMOOTHIE & POT
Mango, strawberries, Dragon Fruit, orange juice, pressed apple juice, coconut Chia pudding.
Dynamite comes in small packages - just ask the Chia seed!
Calorie for calorie, this tiny wonder is one of nature’s best sources of nutrients. Besides zinc, vitamin B3 (niacin), potassium, vitamin B1 (thiamine) and vitamin B2, just 28 grams of it is packed with:
- Fibre: 11 grams - Feeds friendly bacteria in your intestine, keeping your gut flora well fed
- Protein: 4 grams - The building blocks for bones, muscles, cartilage, skin, and blood
- Fat: 9 grams (5 of which are omega-3s) - Reduces inflammation in the body
- Calcium: 18% of the RDI - Promotes bone growth & strength
- Manganese: 30% of the RDI - Processes cholesterol, carbohydrates & protein
- Magnesium: 30% of the RDI - Lowers blood pressure & reduces insulin resistance
- Phosphorus: 27% of the RDI - Builds strong bones & teeth
Just when you thought a food couldn’t get more super, chia seeds are also a non-GMO whole-grain, free of gluten, rich in antioxidants and usually grown organically. Not bad for something that could get stuck in your teeth.
3. BACK TO THE BASICS OF BREAD: SCHOON SOURDOUGH
Every Schoon loaf is hand-shaped & baked the traditional way.
After years of bad press, bread is baking a comeback. That’s where the team brainstorms and creates, and where they’re re-inspiring the sourdough loaf. An ancient form of grain fermentation, this forgotten favourite is recently on the rise and SCHOON makes it so well, it’s made its way onto our menu. Sustainably farmed, stone-milled and made the traditional way using locally sourced grains and wheat, there’s love baked into every hand-shaped loaf.
3 Bite-Sized Benefits of Sourdough:
- It contains higher levels of folate and antioxidants than other breads.
- It has lower amounts of gluten - a better option if you’re gluten sensitive.
- Sourdough is slow fermented to be gut-friendly and delicious.
4. HOW LOW CAN YOU GO: LOW CARB SALAD POT
Free-range chicken, roast sweet potato, red cabbage, red pepper, Rosa tomatoes, carrot, greens, creamy dressing.
We’re in love with the low-carb diet. For starters, it:
- reduces appetite
- lowers blood pressure
- helps with weight loss
- boosts heart health
We could actually go on forever about the benefits, but aren’t those four enough? Packed with freshness, the low carb pot portion is small but satisfying, so if you’re counting calories, you and this salad were made for each other.
To try their new, fresher summer menu visit their store. Find out where they're located in centre, here.