Rocket & Cream Cheese Chicken Wrapped in Bacon Recipe
Capegate celebrated Heritage Day early, by calling on all aspiring braai masters to enter the CG Braai Challenge.
Our top 5 finalists battled it out at our onsite braai challenge where celebrity chef and food stylist, Zola Nene, along with chef and content creator, Bas Newman, used their industry knowledge and skills to pick out our CG Braai Challenge winner for 2021!
Coming in at 2nd place, Walter Stander served our judges with perfectly tender rocket and cream cheese stuffed chicken breasts wrapped in crispy bacon.
Check out his recipe below, served with a delicious mixed veg couscous side.
Rocket and cream cheese stuffed chicken breasts wrapped in crispy bacon
- 8 chicken fillets
- 3 packets streaky bacon
- 230g cream cheese of your choice
- 1 packet wild rocket
- 24 toothpicks
- Cut and butterfly each chicken breast
- Spread with cream cheese of your choice, play with different favours to suit your palate
- Put a few pieces of rocket on top of the cream cheese
- Fold closed and wrap them with up with bacon
- Secure the bacon with 2-3 toothpicks
- Braai on medium coals for 30 minutes