Ernesto Joseph is known amongst his friends and family for creating out of the ordinary braai dishes and that are prepared beautifully. This orange zest pork belly burnt ends dish not only looks stunning, but tastes the part too!
|1 kg deboned free range pork belly
1/2 cup Soya sauce
2 tbsp honey
1/4 cup rice vinegar
1 tbsp crushed garlic
1 tbsp ginger paste
1 tsp chili paste (optional)
Spice for pork belly - 1 tbsp BBQ spice & 1 tbsp paprika
1/2 cup chopped spring onions
A sprinkle of sesame seeds
Zest and juice from 1 orange
- Put a medium skillet on the coals and add a little oil (canola or olive oil, your choice).
- Slice up your pork belly into strips and sprinkle on the pork belly spices.
- Brown the pork belly until they are thoroughly cooked and crispy on the outside.
- Remove from skillet and set aside. Once cooled, cut into roughly 1cm cubes.
- Add soya sauce, crushed garlic and ginger paste. Let it simmer for a few minutes.
- Add pork belly back in.
- Add the honey, rice vinegar, chili paste, grate the orange zest and add in the juice of one orange.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of sesame seeds and chopped spring onions.
- Plate up and enjoy!
If you still need to do you Braai Day shopping, check out this handy essentials shopping list.