This recipe was inspired by Lothar Hinze from Sonstraal's eldest daughter. It's a real treat for anyone with a sweet tooth! With melted marshmallows, crushed Oreos and caramel all combined into one, who wouldn't want something so decadent and so easy to make?
|1 tin Caramel Treat (the mint flavour also works well)
1 packet of crushed Oreos
1/2 bag of marshmallows cut into smaller pieces
1 roll of puff pastry
Optional - Slab of milk/dark chocolate melted for drizzling
- Use a rolling pin to flatten the puff pastry to a thin layer on a braai mat, transfer to an oven-safe dish.
- Evenly spread the tin of caramel over the puff pastry dough.
- Spread the crushed Oreos over only half of the pastry dough.
- Add the chopped marshmallows over the Oreos.
- Fold the empty half of the pastry dough over the other half of the dough, that contains all the toppings.
- Make sure to close all the edges completely.
- Put the dish on a braai mat and onto the coals. Turn after a few minutes so that the sides of the puff pastry do not stick to the braai mat.
- Remove the braai mat and braai the pie over the coals until golden brown.
- Top it with melted chocolate and enjoy!
If you still need to do you Braai Day shopping, check out this handy essentials shopping list.