Capegate celebrated Heritage Day early, by calling on all aspiring braai masters to enter the CG Braai Challenge.
Our top 5 finalists battled it out at our onsite braai challenge where celebrity chef and food stylist, Zola Nene, along with chef and content creator, Bas Newman, used their industry knowledge and skills to pick out our CG Braai Challenge winner for 2021!
One of our finalists, Shaney Louw, served our judges with this perfectly flame grilled juicy Steak! It's a must-try this coming Braai day!
- Aged steak with a fat edge, preferably sirloin or cross piece or rump
- 80 ml olive oil
- 4 sprigs of rosemary, finely chopped
- Juice and peel of 2 lemons
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Farm butter with fresh ingredients:
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 1 handful of mixed herbs (thyme, oregano and parsley)
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 300 g (330 ml) soft butter
- For the Butter: Put all the ingredients in a food processor and puree it at a high speed to a smooth mixture.
- Season well with salt and black pepper. Set aside while preparing the steak.
- Make your fire and make sure the wood burns nicely on high heat.
- Preparing Your Delicious Steak: Sprinkle the steak with olive oil, rosemary and lemon juice and peel. Season well with salt and black pepper.
- Fry the steak for about 5 minutes per side for medium, or longer if you prefer.
- Spoon over the butter on the steak and serve with toast or salad of your choice.
A huge thank you to all our sponsors for our smokin' hot prizes, all to the value of R 30 000!