GIFT CARD FAQs
WHERE CAN I CHECK MY GIFT CARD BALANCE?
- You can check your gift card balance at our reception or information desks.
- Alternatively, visit https://www.whatsonmycard.com/index.cfm/default/ to check your balance online.
WHERE CAN I PURCHASE A GIFT CARD?
- You are able to purchase a gift card at the Capegate information desk, located on the upper level in the Edgars court, or at the centre management reception desk, located at entrance eight.
WHAT DOCUMENTS ARE NEEDED WHEN PURCHASING?
- When purchasing a Capegate gift card, you will need to provide proof of identification.
WHY DO THEY NEED YOUR ID & PERSONAL DETAILS?
- As use of the MasterCard Gift Card is considered a financial transaction and the Gift Card is issued by a bank, this is a requirement in terms of the Financial Intelligence Centre Act of 2001 (FICA). FICA was enacted to combat money laundering.
WHERE WILL THIS INFORMATION GO?
- Capegate will not disclose this information to any organisation or individuals unless it is FICA required.
WHEN DOES MY GIFT CARD EXPIRE?
- Your gift card will expire after three years of purchasing date.
WHAT DO I DO IF I’VE LOST MY GIFT CARD?
- Please contact the Capegate Shopping Centre reception desk to report a missing or stolen gift card.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Contact number: 021 981 2288
CAN I REUSE THE SAME CARD AND JUST RELOAD MONEY?
- You will have to purchase a new gift card.
ARE CORPORATE COMPANIES ABLE TO PURCHASE GIFT CARDS?
- Yes, of course! All we need is the company name and registration number instead of proof of identification.
If you are in need of more information, please contact email@example.com or (021) 981 2288.