Coronavirus (COVID-19) updates
The information below is updated regularly and is subject to change.
A huge thank you to our customers and in-centre stores for helping us, help those in need during this difficult time! COVID-19 has had a devastating impact on our communities and together with Gift of the Givers Foundation and our sister-centres, we collected and distributed 240 full trolleys of non-perishable food to do our part in assisting.
For the latest government updates around COVID-19 visit the SA Coronavirus Portal.
Trading under advanced Level 3 restrictions
We are operating under level 3 restrictions, in line with Government regulations. The Centre is open from Monday – Saturday, 9am – 6pm and Sunday, 9am - 4pm, however, stores may have their own specific trading hours and are subject to change - please contact stores directly to confirm their store specific trading hours.
More sectors continue to reopen or offer extended services, with the appropriate safety measures in place:
- Hair and beauty salons, barbers, tattoo parlours and laser clinics are permitted to sell products and offer limited treatments and services.
- Restaurants can offer deliveries and takeaway collections. Sit-down service is restaurant specific and dependant on Government guideline compliance, please contact restaurants directly. The Food Court is now open with limited seating.
- Movie cinemas and entertainment centres remain closed, until further notice.
- The sale of alcohol is prohibited. Liquor stores will be closed until further notice.
The trade of tobacco and related products remains prohibited.
You can browse our Store Listing directory below to see which stores are open and closed. Each store’s page outlines their contact details, store-specific trading hours per day and relevant information can be found under their About section.
Centre access & information
|Parking: All open and covered parking is open. Covered parking is free for the first 3 hours to customers.
Open entrances: All entrances are open
Lifts and bathrooms: All lifts and bathrooms are operational.
Information: The Information Desk is located on the upper level opposite Edgars and is open from 9am – 6pm Monday to Saturday and 9am - 5pm on Sundays. When interacting with customers, staff will remain seated behind a perspex shield, wear a mask and sanitise their hands, desk and equipment regularly. For general enquiries please contact centre management on (021) 981 2288.
Gift Cards: Gift Cards can be purchased from the information desk or at reception in the centre management office, with debit and credit cards accepted. Proof of ID will be required.
All shoppers are required to follow the health and safety protocols stipulated by the Government and National Department of Health. Please comply with these rules, including:
- Wearing a cloth mask/face covering at all times.
- Removal of masks for eating is only permitted inside restaurants and the dedicated seating area within the food court.
- Practising physical distancing of 1.5 metres.
- Practising protective hygiene, including washing hands and using sanitisers frequently.
- Children are allowed to accompany an adult on an essential shopping trip. However, for their own health and safety, we ask that you leave your children at home, if possible .
- A limited number of customers will be allowed in stores, queues, lifts and on escalators.
Prior to and during your visit to the Centre, we recommend that you take the following additional precautionary measures:
- Prior to shopping, create a list of the goods you require in categories to avoid unnecessary browsing.
- Contact stores directly prior to your visit to check their trading hours or if you are looking for a specific item or service.
- Plan your parking and entrance access by checking the map and do not linger in the Centre.
- Avoid browsing and repeatedly picking up and putting down products.
- Making use of no-touch payment methods, such as Zapper, Snapscan and tap-and-go (check your settings regarding pin requirements).
- Make use of the in-store disinfectant wipes when making use of trolleys or baskets.
- If you do feel sick, stay home and seek medical attention.
- Stay informed, check trusted and reputable sources and avoid spreading rumours and fake news.
To protect the health, safety, and well-being of our customers and personnel working in the Centre, we are in continuous contact with the relevant local health authorities, and diligently following the World Health Organisation’s recommended preventative protocol and complying with the Lockdown Regulations. We have introduced the following additional precautionary measures and enhanced cleaning procedures:
- Increased cleaning routines and meticulously disinfecting the common areas and high touch-points of the centre.
- Implementation of effective physical distancing measures and queuing systems.
- Hand sanitiser available in various locations throughout the centre.
- Providing all service providers (cleaning, security, parking etc.) with masks, gloves and PPE.
- Screening of on-site staff.
- Screening of customers at selected stores.
- Protection screens placed at the information desk and centre management and reception.
- Communicating with our stores regularly, regarding updates and their in-store precautionary measures.
- Security in our Centre is still a core focus and remains in place.
- The Centre Management Office is operationally resourced.
- For Centre related enquiries please contact us via email or make use of our social media channels.
If you would like to report any incidents that have taken place at the Centre, please contact Centre management on (021) 981 2288.
We would like to thank you for your continued support and understanding.