Capegate offers 1300 under cover parking bays on three levels, which can be accessed from Tanner Road (opposite Capegate Mediclinic) and Marlborough Street (opposite Builders Warehouse). Our undercover parking will give you access to entrance 5 (Game and Checkers), entrance 6 (House & Home and the food court), entrance 7 (Mr Price), entrance 8 (Mr Price Sport) and entrance 9 (mezzanine level at Security Office).
We recently upgraded our parking equipment and replaced our pay stations, to deliver a better parking experience for you. The new pay stations are wheelchair friendly, with the coins, notes and parking ticket slots positioned at seated reach.
For any further information please call 021 981 2331 or visit the information desk, opposite Edgars on the upper level.
Parking payment methods
We offer a variety of convenient payment methods to pay for parking, which include:
- Cash: pay at the pay stations using coins and notes.
- Bank card: pay at pay station using your debit or credit card, alternatively insert your credit card at the boom upon entry and exit to skip the queue (no receipt issued). VISA and MasterCard accepted.
- Tap-and-go card: use the new tap-and-go facility at the boom with a compatible card, to skip the queue (no receipt issued). VISA and MasterCard accepted.
- Long-term parking card: frequent shoppers can purchase a long-term parking card at the Servest Parking Office, located at entrance 7. Insert your long-term parking card at the boom upon entry and exit to skip the queue (no receipt issued).
- Zapper: just before leaving, scan the QR code on your parking ticket and pay using the Zapper app, to skip the queue.
Steps to using Zapper
STEP 1: When you're ready to leave, open your Zapper app and tap SCAN
STEP 2: Scan the QR code on your parking ticket
STEP 3: Zapper will automatically calculate your required payment value, tap PAY to finalise your transaction
STEP 4: Once the transaction is successfully complete, tap DONE and inserting your parking ticket at the boom to exit
To make use of our 15-minute drop off/drive through free parking period, take a parking ticket at the boom and insert the ticket at the exit boom (do not go to the pay station).
|0 - 30 min:
|30 min – 1 hr:
|1 – 2 hrs:
|2 – 3 hrs:
|3 – 4 hrs:
|4 – 5 hrs:
|5 – 6 hrs:
We want you to feel safe.
The security of our shoppers and stores is of the utmost importance and we strive to provide the safest shopping environment possible. To this end, we work closely with the SAPS, security experts and neighbouring centres to identify the latest crime trends and security threats to ensure Capegate’s safety by regularly re-assessing our security measures.
Extensive security measures are in place, including 24-hour closed circuit television, patrollers on Segways, LPR camera systems and regular patrols by uniformed as well as undercover guards, on foot and via response vehicle.
Additionally, Capegate Shopping Centre has employed Fidelity Security Services, a leading security company to ensure the safety of the mall. Fidelity Security Services is a well-established and respected company with security personnel who are trained to offer value-added benefits to stores and shoppers. Visitors to the centre can feel free to contact the control room at any time on 021 981 0988